AMP was one of six organizations invited to participate in Random Hacks of Kindness, an event focused on empowering students to use technology to positively impact the challenges facing local nonprofits in their communities. The one-day "Hackathon" in Torrington involved 4th-8th grade girls from Northwest Connecticut, who were paired with computer science mentors to develop prototype smartphone apps. Read more about the incredible day our intern, Sarah, had.
Even though we are getting used to the beautiful view of the sky from inside the mill, we're excited for the roof decking to take shape. Click here to view more construction photos.
AMP will be participating in the Minds in Motion Litchfield event on Saturday, April 7, and we hope you can visit us there! Workshops for kids and adults--and the chance to participate in our collaborative community mural. Click here for more information or to register.
We were invited to participate in Winsted's Laurel Festival on June 10. Our interns have already been hard at work finding materials to use for our float in the parade. More details on the event coming soon, but mark your calendars now!
DIGITAL STORY WORK VIDEO PRODUCTION INSTRUCTOR
The American Mural Project (AMP) seeks a talented video production instructor for a collaborative summer internship working with youth to create short videos about people who are deeply engaged in their work. Instructor will meet with individual interns and teams once a week, 6 hours per day, June 4–July 30. Planning meetings will take place in late May at flexible times.
Video Production Instructor Responsibilities:
• Teach basics of film/television lighting, sound, framing/composition, and camera operation for interviews
• Oversee story concept development and storyboarding
• Edit with individuals and small groups on professional editing software
• Assist with post-production tasks and contribute to social media presence
• Participate in team meeting and planning
• 5+ years working in video production
• Tutoring/mentoring/teaching experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in a variety of creative disciplines
• Passion for helping others learn and succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in film or production preferred, but not required
Job Type: Part-time
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and brief sample of video work to:
American Mural Project
P.O. Box 538
Winsted, CT 06098
Steel, steel, and more steel! Click here to view more construction photos.
The steel has arrived! BIG moment for AMP! Click here to view more construction photos.